Monday, September 3, 2007

CPE

Clock's a-ticking, gotta get those hours. Wasted way too much time over the past six weeks shuffling between Boss A, who says "do it this way, it's cheaper, and better" and Boss B, who says the same. Last year I punted and went to the online CPE provider whose logo is the little paper airplane. I embarrassed even myself. This year, determined to actually acquire some knowledge in addition to the course hours, I buckled down this past Saturday and slogged through eight hours of home study (or in this case, office study, since I couldn't get access at home, even with legitimate passwords). I won't tell how many hours it took, but it wasn't eight. Only 22 more hours (or the relevant factor thereof) to go.

We're wilting here in the heat, a condition very unfamiliar to us. The whole family except me are laid up with a bug - I think it's the one the pediatrician, in her professional capacity, refers to as "school crud". Its symptoms are general logieness and irritability, punctuated by violent spells of coughing. We decided some videos were appropriate, but in retrospect maybe "Goldfinger" wasn't such a great choice for a nine year old. (Useful if you want to figure out how to kill a baddie quickly in a bathtub, though.)

Brings back memories of a sweltering Memorial Day weekend years ago, BK (before kids), when SGH and I spent the whole sweaty weekend watching Barry Lyndon. Boy did we know how to party.

1 comment:

Buce said...

Barry Lyndon has a boffo sound track.