Yup, tomorrow is the drop dead deadline. A couple of return packets came in Friday morning. So I did a few returns Saturday. But all in all I think we're in good shape. The nice thing about the last minute returns as you don't have to promise anything, but if you can pull it out in time, you're the hero (and of course just wind up encouraging them to procrastinate again next year).
Tax deadline or no deadline, it's October, my favorite month, even if out here in lotusland it's only a pale shadow of real October, as experienced over at the Daily Kvetch for instance. (No envy here, no sirree.) The boys and I went out to pick pumpkins this afternoon. This being rural ag country, the local elementary school holds a fundraiser at the pumpkin patch. This also being tony wine country, said pumpkin patch is at one of the swankiest vineyards around. Anyway, we returned home with various misshapen gourds to enhance our home decor.
Last Sunday SGH had to work so the boys and I rounded up a young friend and tromped up to the top of one of the highest ridges around:
Tax deadline or no deadline, it's October, my favorite month, even if out here in lotusland it's only a pale shadow of real October, as experienced over at the Daily Kvetch for instance. (No envy here, no sirree.) The boys and I went out to pick pumpkins this afternoon. This being rural ag country, the local elementary school holds a fundraiser at the pumpkin patch. This also being tony wine country, said pumpkin patch is at one of the swankiest vineyards around. Anyway, we returned home with various misshapen gourds to enhance our home decor.
Last Sunday SGH had to work so the boys and I rounded up a young friend and tromped up to the top of one of the highest ridges around:

That's Morro Rock off in the distance. Sort of gives you a little perspective. So I guess Fall isn't that bad here in the land of no seasons either.
No comments:
Post a Comment