I should do one of these, since my birthday is somewhere around this time. I am at the point were each birthday marks a slow progression to the grave, and this was not one of those milestone birthdays that confers special privileges (like the breakfast special at Dennys).....so here we go:
Birthday downs:
1) surly teen
2) spent the whole day doing accounting, not even taxes, just accounting, mostly
3) no-one noticed it was my bday, well almost no-one
4) I have not noticeably reformed my life or accomplished anything significant this year
Birthday ups:
1) surly teen may or may not have finished most of his homework, here's hoping
2) I dont' mind accounting (if I did I would be SOL for 40+ hours each week) and today's project resolved itself smoothly and in record time.
3) Two co-workers, plus the world of facebook, did notice it was my birthday, plus I had a fun event yesterday and I have one coming up on Wednesday to look forward to
4) Despite lack of significant forward progress over the past year, I'm not in a bad place for this age and this station in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello, I see it's been a while since this post was written but I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and and tell you I like your pro's and con's :-) that's a good way to keep balance balanced !
Best wishes
kj
Post a Comment