Thursday, December 7, 2006

Ejjikated

'Tis true, I haven't been updating this blog much lately. To my vast readership out there (which I count at two so far, one of whom is the proverbial reader over your shoulder): if you're tired of checking this blog daily and seeing nothing new, consider a subscription.

Anyway, Taxmom returns to you this week smarter than she was when she left you last, or at the very least more ejjikated. Or if not more ejjikated at least somewhat more clear on how you determine the sale price on a capital lease with residual value, versus the same lease without guaranteed residual value. (Sale price is different, but so is the cost of goods sold, so the gain or loss on the sale is the same.) Some news fluff webpage the SGH was reading last night had a list of ways to get smarter, and one was to blog about what you are studying. So I should have blogged to y'all about the effect of convertible bonds on diluted earnings per share. (When are they dilutive? When are they anti-dilutive? Inquiring minds want to know.) Maybe it would have helped on the final exam I had to write this afternoon.

But now, at least until I head into the ring for the next round I don't have to think about this stuff. I can think about important stuff like....paper or plastic? soy butter or cashew butter? boxers or briefs?

No comments: